Monday, June 3, 2013

Beautiful Life Conference

Thanks to my sweet friend Jessica, I had the privilege of attending the Beautiful Life Conference this past weekend. What a wonderful experience it was.  As a Mom of two little boys, I have my moments, well, all moms do...
-Moments of mommy guilt that I'm not good enough or doing enough.
-Moments when I wonder if I'm completely failing them.
-Moments that I feel worn out and exhausted.
-Moments that I'm feeling touched out and wish for an evening of kids not clinging to my legs....

..... in all honesty, it's very hard for me to lay down my pride and admit that I have these moments.  I want SO badly to be "super mom".  I want to the be best and the greatest.  I hold myself to the high standard.  I try to do it all.... on my own energy and in my own power.... and I can't.

Sometimes us moms have to be a little "selfish", take some time to ourselves.  It isn't easy to get, but it's well worth it!  We need to re-energize, pray, and take a moment to be filled.  The days are long, but the years are short.

I so appreciate our wonderful friends Alex and Misty, and my parents for watching the boys this weekend so that I could have a little time.  Some time of worship (with Nicole C Mullen!!!!!), some time of prayer, and some time of reflecting on God's Word.  The weekend was filled with wonderful musicians like NICOLE C MULLEN, and Charles Billingsley and his band, along with some very powerful testimonies like Mandy Young's and some truth spoken from Angela Thomas.

... I walk away from this weekend feeling overwhelmed by God's love, and yearning to "be the sunshine."

"In Him was life, and that life was the light
of all people.  The light shines in the darkness,
and the darkness has not overcome it."
-John 1:4-5

And I leave you with the song that's been stuck in my head all weekend....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment