Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Darling Adventures Sew Along

Darling Adventures Blog was featured on See Kate Sew this week when she introduced her first sew along!  I looked at the project and thought it was super cute and seemed easy enough that I could complete it in the allotted time.  I actually sewed it up yesterday during the boys' nap time and it didn't take long at all.  It's a "journal cover" that would go over a composition notebook-- I always have composition notebooks around and was excited to decorate it and make it my own.  I also immediately thought that if I could figure it out and it turned out well that I could make some more to be gifts for people. 



I used fabric I already had on hand leftover from my hoop art I made a while back.  I decided to decorate mine with a reverse applique bird that has a black button eye.

If you want to make a journal cover too, there's still time to participate in the sew along-- just have your photos posted to Flickr by July 8th.  Happy sewing!

4 comments:

  1. Stinkin ADORABLE!!!!!! So wish I could sew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do it girl! Everybody's gotta start somewhere. :D

      Delete
  2. Aww! Linked, thanks for the invite! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute :) I am a sucker for cute little birds

    ReplyDelete