Saturday, June 29, 2013

P90x Week 2 Wrap Up

Checking off the days-- I feel a little silly saying that I feel accomplished after only completing only 2 weeks, but I do!  2 weeks down out of 13, and I already feel my body changing.  I can't wait to do the first 30 day update-- they hope is to take pictures and measurements at 30 days, 60 days and of course 90 days to track progress.  But without further ado, here's how week 2 went...

DAY 1 Chest & Back, and Ab Ripper:  Chest and Back is definitely my hardest day out of the week, I just don't have the strength yet.  I'm terrible at push-ups and terrible at pull-ups.  For now I do 1 or 2 push ups in the set normally and then drop to my knees.  The exercise is to max out, but when your max is so low, I just feel bad sitting there and waiting for the next exercise.  We just got a pull up bar, so on this day and last week I had been subbing with stretch bands on the pull ups, I'm interested to see how things change next week when we get the pull up bar mounted and I can use it for the first time.

DAY 2 Plyometrics:  I sweated like a pig, and was SO incredibly gassed when it was over, but I did it!  On this day I had a hard time getting up early and had to work out when the kids were awake, it was entertaining to say the least.  Hayden is in the stage of imitating everything everyone else does, so he was in his own little world trying to copy my moves.  And Leeland kept shouting for me to go faster, and asking over and over if I was done yet because he wanted to watch some morning cartoons.

DAY 3 Shoulders & Arms and Ab Ripper:  Really enjoying the arms and shoulder work outs.  I wasn't able to squeeze ab ripper into my day on this day but plan to make it up.

DAY 4 Yoga:  I still loathe yoga, I did have a bit of an ego boost though when I made up the ab ripper from the previous day.  So think back to Week 1 day 1, (which was only last week and not that far away,) I could seriously only do like 2 sit ups... and that was all.  Full sit ups are difficult!  Today I did 20!!  2 to 20 in a week and a half-- now that's working hard.  Makes me even more excited to see what my 30 day measurement results are like.

DAY 5 Legs & Back: Holy wall squats batman!  My thighs are on fire.  Daniel was here tonight and this was his first time seeing me in action, I realize that I'm not that far into it, but I already feel so proud.  And Daniel has been so incredibly supportive in making all of this happen-- helping me get it in the schedule and helping out with the kiddos.

DAY 6 Kenpo:  Kenpo is still my favorite and I look forward to it each week, 1) because I love it that much and 2) because it means the week is done.  We also enjoyed a half day at the zoo today and sweated our tushies off walking around checking out all of the animals.  That counts as exercise, right?

DAY 7 Rest: I always feel guilty resting, but my body craves it and it's nice to get rejuvenated for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment