Monday, April 14, 2014

Leeland's 4th Birthday

Another successful birthday party under our belts!  Hard to believe that 4 years ago today we became parents for the very 1st time.  Leeland has taught us so much through these short years about love, about parenting, and even about each other.  This year's party was extra exciting too because Leeland really got into the planning of everything and was very opinionated about theme, food, decorations etc.  After much debate, it was finally decided that we would have a soccer theme birthday party.

The Invite:
I was so incredibly excited to find this invitation here on Etsy.  I've purchased lots of birthday invites from Etsy throughout the years, but I have to say this one might be one of my favorites-- it looks like a ticket to a game!  Just so neat if you ask me.  (And our address covered for privacy reasons of course.)

The shirt:
If you've stuck around and read through previous birthday posts, then you know the birthday shirt tradition.  Leeland picked out the fabric and colors for his soccer themed birthday shirt this year.  We typically order from our favorite shop Ooe & Auti but she was on maternity leave and not taking orders when I needed to order, so this soccer shirt came from here on Etsy.

The menu:
I guess this is one area where Leeland didn't have a whole lot of choice-- I decided what I was going to cook and I went with it.  Everything made from scratch, because that's how I roll.  I love to cook for others.... I spent all day in the kitchen and I loved every minute of it.
Spicy Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork by The Pioneer Woman

 Green beans and bacon by The Neely's

 Slow cooker Mac and Cheese by Trisha Yearwood


Yummo!!  Now that's my kind of birthday grub right there, hence the reason that I picked it.  And judging by the very very small serving of leftovers left after everyone went back for seconds and thirds, I take it everyone else enjoyed the food too. 

The "Cake":
I'm not entirely sure when it came up in conversation or where he saw it, but when Leeland discovered there was such a thing as a "cookie cake" he decided that is what he wanted for his birthday and could not be talked out of it.  (He also said that he needed to have ice cream and ice cream cones at his party.)

This was my very 1st cookie cake, and I followed this recipe from Brown Eyed Baker.  I doubled the recipe and made the cookie in a 14 inch round pan, and decorated it using the Wilton buttercream recipe. 

The Favors:
In Kroh family fashion, we had to send our friends and family home with sweet treats as favors.  I've always made themed chocolates for everyone, but this time I decided to try my hand at decorated sugar cookies. 

From the mouth of Leeland, "it was the best birthday party ever!"  The kid is beyond spoiled, and we are laying our heads down tonight feeling incredibly loved by our friends and family.  




No comments:

Post a Comment