Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Half Training Week 7

As I spent the last couple days thinking and prepping what I would say for this post, I found myself chanting, "Lifestyle change.  Lifestyle change.... Lifestyle change."  SO yea, this week's post is incredibly bare, and only includes one work out, but this week was absolutely nuts!  With work (for both Daniel and I), cake orders, party prep for Leeland's birthday, soccer, a wedding that Daniel was in, sick kids, Easter egg hunts.... my life this last week was lived out on my feet and moving from the moment my feet hit the ground, until the moment I went to bed, which was late most nights.  I don't think we've had this chaotic of a schedule since Christmas.......

This week was also a nice learning experience on being prepared, at least when it comes to the food end of things.  Since we started to live healthier last year, (not that our eating was ever really that bad) we started doing probably 90% of our cooking from scratch, and when you have a very full calendar, it's really hard to stop and cook things... so this past week I totally failed myself on my eating habits.  Many of the days, not being prepared led me to not eating at all or skipping meals, which led to low blood sugar and exhaustion, and low metabolism..... just being a hot mess!  Lesson learned-- I will prep in advance the next time our life gets hectic.

So back to my chant--- "lifestyle change.... lifestyle change...."  When you look at exercise as a lifestyle change, you have to know that life gets busy and that sometimes stuff happens and work outs get missed.  At the end of the day, one work out, or even one week of work outs is not that big of a deal as long as you get back on the horse and crank back up again.  It has taken a year for me to finally understand this, and finally give myself that grace, and pick back up. (And if you're curious, I ran 5.2 miles yesterday, so yes I'm back in the saddle.)

So consider this bare schedule to be a reflection of grace and lessons learned....  I've come a long way in a year!  (Who knew that exercise could teach you so much about your inner self?)

Monday April 7th: Turbo Fire, Fire 30 class
Tuesday April 8th:
Wednesday April 9th:
Thursday April 10th:
Friday April 11th:
Saturday April 12th:
Sunday April 13th: 

No comments:

Post a Comment