Thursday, April 17, 2014

Cornelli Lace Cake

Guess what!?  This is my 1st cake order that will cross state lines!  I was asked by my sister to make a small wedding cake for a long time friend of hers, and was happy to help of course.  She told me the colors for the wedding, and I racked my brain trying to come up with an idea-- the order is only for a 10 inch round cake due to travel and it being a small wedding, but I wanted to make sure that the cake still looks like it's for a wedding and not for a birthday.

I have had a long time love for Cornelli Lace piping on cakes, in fact, our wedding cake had a layer of cornelli lace on it, but even though I've loved it for so long, I've always been scared to try it or scared to mess up and I haven't really had an opportunity, so I took this as my chance to try and I'm really really happy with it!  I hope there will be many more cornelli lace cakes in my future.



"JMS" is the monogram for the bride and groom, and as a surprise for the bride, I used the little bit of extra batter that I had to make a matching small 6 inch round cake to freeze for their 1 year anniversary.  What do you guys think?  Do you love cornelli lace as much as I do?  

2 comments: