Friday, April 4, 2014

Half Training Week 6

After lots of searching online, I think I'm battling tendinitis.  Not that you should ever rely on the internet for a diagnosis, but that's where symptom searching has led me.  Picked up a foam roller and tennis balls to do some exercises to strengthen and stretch that tendon.  Shooting for doing them twice a day, if not at least once a day, and always after work outs.  I'm a very determined lady..... I WILL conquer my half!!! 

Also, it was recently brought to my attention that I could be over training-- most marathon training schedules are only running 4 days a week, and follow an every other day pattern.  That's more rest than I would like to take, but over training could be a cause of my tendinitis, so I'm going to give this a go so that I can keep pain free until may. 

Monday March 31: rest
Tuesday April 1: ran 4 miles outside
Wednesday April 2: rest
Thursday April 3: ran 2.5 miles on the treadmill, 1.5 on the elliptical 
Friday April 4: rest
Saturday April 5: ran 8.3 miles outside (woo hoo!)
Sunday April 6: intended to do abs, but let's just say I will never go on another long run without sunblock. (Ouch!)

And last but certainly not least..... not sure what sparked it, but I hopped on the scale at the gym this week-- I had been dreading weighing and measurements bc I didn't do so hot over the holidays, and bc of all this rest.... BUT, I'm down another 5 pounds!!!! Also down 1.5 inches in my thigh, down .5 inch in my waist, and down 1 inch in my hips. Yay!!! (((Insert happy dance here)))

No comments:

Post a Comment