Monday, August 19, 2013

P90x Week 9 Wrap Up

DAY 1- Chest and Back & Ab Ripper:  The first day back after the "odd" week is always the hardest.  I thought I was going to puke, and though in the past month I have really felt like I had Ab Ripper down pat, today I couldn't do all of the reps.  Excited to have started my 3rd month though, and pushing on!

DAY 2- Plyometrics:  I've always talked about how I thought that kenpo was my favorite of the DVD's, but plyometrics is really growing on me and could quite possibly pass it.  I know that strength training is really doing wonders for my body, but there's just something about high intensity cardio that really makes you *feel* that work!  Love it!

DAY 3- Shoulders and Arms & Ab Ripper: I'm so amazed at myself and my new/heavier dumb bells. I can't do all the tricep exercises with them, but I can curl and press with them. It's amazing how quickly p90x has added strength to my arms and chest.  It's so funny, I weight trained in High School when I was playing sports, but when I got to college, I was very body conscious and concerned about not being feminine by lifting weights, so I took up running.... and now here I am back to being happy with weights, and seeing great results from them!

DAY 4- Yoga:  I never intend to miss a work-out, but it happens.  I'm not sure how today got away from me, but it did.  We were non-stop from the time my feet hit the ground in the morning, and then didn't get home until about 10:30pm at which point I nodded out on the couch with Hayden.  It's disappointing to miss a day, that's for sure!

DAY 5- Legs and Back:  Whew!  My thighs are going to be burning for a few days.  I love doing legs and back though... one of the areas where I've really noticed a difference in strength is my thighs.  I almost wish I would've went to the gym prior to beginning and did max out on squats and then could do it again now to see how much better they've gotten. 

DAY 6- Kenpo:  Sadly another miss.  I've been in such a funk the past few days.  It's been hard to get motivated and I haven't had much energy.... I'm not sure what the cause is.  It's been pretty gloomy outside, the boys are into everything, we've had lots of commitments the past few days along with plans for good quality family time.  My diet got a bit off track with all of our family fun and my body hated me for a few days.  It's been a combo of things.


Leaving this week incredibly frustrated.  Here I am on my FINAL month and I'm just completely un-motivated, grumpy and in a funk.  It's time to pull it together-- I can't make up this week's misses unfortunately, but it's time to pull myself together and give it my all.  Praying for strength and energy these last few weeks as I push through to the finish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment