Monday, August 5, 2013

P90x Week 7 Wrap Up

Week 7!!!!  Ahhh!!! 7 out of 13.... know what that means?   I'm more than half way finished with my challenge.  And I'm already thinking about what the next challenge will be!

DAY 1- Chest, Shoulders & Triceps and Ab Ripper:  This particular DVD/set of exercises was just introduced in the 2nd month, and though this is my 3rd Monday doing this set,  it is really tough.  My chest and arms are always SO tight and SO sore at the end.  It feels good though because I know that means it's working.

DAY 2- Plyometrics:  Week 7 and I'm finally starting to feel like I'm killing it at plyo days.  I'm keeping up with the DVD, going hard, and feeling so energized when it's over.  Of course you all know that I'm a stay at home Mommy to two.... There once was a time where, when the boys napped in the afternoon, it meant that it was time for Mommy to nap, but not these days.  It's so weird to think that exercising could give you MORE energy, but it's true.  When nap time rolls around, I'm constantly thinking what I can get done around the house, or what kind of crafts, or fun things I can do for myself.  Mommy naps are rare these days, and I feel good about that.

DAY 3- Back & Biceps and Ab Ripper:  I've been saying that I needed heavier dumbbells and we got them the other night.  Today was my first day using them.  When I started P90x, I was using 6 pound dumbbells and now I have 15 pound dumbbells.  The burn is coming quicker and I feel so much stronger.  I have no doubt that strength will keep coming, and we'll probably have to up dumbbells again.  I will probably be so sore tomorrow from upping the weight today, but that's ok because tomorrow is yoga day.... AND shocker... I'm kind of excited for yoga day! (Ssshhh, don't tell anyone.)

DAY 4- Yoga:  Made the executive decision to make today my rest day.  I was feeling way off, not well, un-motivated and hurting.  It happens!

DAY 5- Legs & Back:  So today was making up yesterdays yoga.  It didn't happen for me until about 10:30/11pm, but I'm happy to say that I made it up.  As much as I needed the break yesterday, in all honesty, I was really worried that this week could turn into another slip week where I skipped.  I DON'T want that to happen.  11pm is not ideal, but it's work.

DAY 6- Kenpo:  Making up yesterday's legs and back work out.  Ventured out Peach Pickin' earlier with the little people and so once again today it was another 11pm work out.  Morning is going to come early tomorrow and I have no doubt that I'm going to be sore!

DAY 7- Rest:  Pretty frustrated!  Tonight at 11pm when I was supposed to be doing yesterday's kenpo work out, I was instead laying in the fetal position in Hayden's floor pretending to be asleep so that he would go to sleep. Sometimes getting work outs in as a Mom is incredibly frustrating!  Planning to pull a 2 a-day tomorrow with Kenpo in the AM and yoga in the PM.  We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment