Tuesday, August 27, 2013

P90x Week 10 Wrap Up

Week TEN!!! Double digits!!  It's time to really push through and get over the week 9 funk!

DAY 1- Chest, Shoulders & Triceps and Ab Ripper: Stayed up WAY too late last night crocheting and didn't get moving for my work out until about lunch time.  Oops!  But praise the Lord that I got it in!  Left last week so frustrated with missed work-outs, so I'm incredibly thankful that this is a new week.  My body is SO sore the past couple days, part of that I believe is from the muscle variation from week 8, part from missing the work-outs that could've been used to work out some of the soreness, and part of it because of poor diet choices at the end of last week.  Working through though.  Gonna make week 10 count!  Last month!!!

DAY 2- Plyometrics: I really love plyometrics.  My growing love for this workout DVD has led me to the decision that my next work out program will include a little more high intensity cardio.

DAY 3- Back & Biceps and Ab Ripper:  Truly truly amazed at the growth in my strength.  Tony Horton definitely knows what he's doing.  I can't describe the feeling of accomplishment when I look back and compare my week 1 with now week 10.  It's amazing!

DAY 4- Yoga: miss

DAY 5- Legs and Back: miss

DAY 6- Kenpo: miss

DAY 7- Rest! miss

Did I really miss Day 4- Day 7??  YES!  This is by far the most misses I've ever had.  I've always felt guilty about missing a day here and there, and I wouldn't say that I don't feel bad about these misses, but I don't feel guilty.  I was totally overwhelmed by the loss of Lilly for one, and for two, we had a ton of stuff going on.  When I began this journey, I started out very diligently saying "no more excuses,"  but you know what?  LIFE HAPPENS!  I can't predict the future, but life is always going to happen.  This journey is no longer about the 90 day challenge, but it's about the lifestyle change.  When this 90 days is up, I'm going to keep going, but life will happen again, I won't always be able to work out 6 days a week every single week, and when  Christmas comes, I'll probably have some cookies. 

^^^ I don't say any of that to give anyone the excuse to sit on the couch with a bag of potato chips for 4 days, but I say it because I think we all need a little grace.  At the end of this 90 days, I will have worked out all but maybe 10 days, and in the great scheme of things, I'm doing more good than I am harm and that is awesome.  Sometimes we just need to give ourselves a little bit of grace which is a lesson I'm learning at the moment. (Special thanks to the ladies in my challenge group for the encouragement and helping me to understand this principle.)

No comments:

Post a Comment