Monday, August 19, 2013

Crochet Kind of Summer

Funny, normally I don't get bitten by the crochet bug until about the time that pumpkin spice lattes come out at Starbucks.  The weather starts getting cooler and I get the itch to make scarves and hats, but this year, I was bitten by the bug WAY early and have enjoyed a Summer of crochet projects. I think it's partly due to the fact that crocheting is one craft that I can do with the kiddos around, unlike sewing.  But here's a look at some of the projects I've been up to this Summer!

Crocheted some blue and white stars to add to our burlap wreath to celebrate Memorial Day and the 4th of July.
 
An owl "lovie" and matching blanket.
I also made a purple and pink owl "lovie" which I gave to our Goddaughter.
Minion hats for our silly little boys!  I really love the way that these turned out.
A set of dish cloths for a friend of mine.
A "newsboy" style hat for Leeland.  (Yes, planning on making one for Hayden too.)
Replaced the stars on the wreath in preparation for Fall.  (A little bit early, I know, just excited.) Crocheted a candy corn garland to add to the burlap wreath.  I really love that this wreath continues to transform.  We're getting a lot of use out of it!
And a headband style ear warmer with a cute bow on top!  I debated for a long time on whether it was going to be a bow or a flower.... I'm happy with the bow.  I think I need some more ear warmers in other colors. 
I think we're definitely ready for cooler weather at the Kroh house!

No comments:

Post a Comment