Saturday, May 18, 2013

Mother/Son Date Knight

Every year Chick-Fil-A puts on a big to do of Mother/Son date "knight".  (They also do a Father/Daughter date night earlier in the year.)  Leeland and I went last year and it just came at the absolute perfect time.  He was feeling a bit neglected after Hayden was born and it was a joy to get some one on one time with my first born.  This year date knight snuck up on us a bit but we were still very excited. (We sure do LOVE Chick-Fil-A!)
 Getting ready to head out with my little love.
 Decorating a shield
 Dinner at Chick-Fil-A on a plate! With waiters and waitresses, candle light and a table cloth, how very fancy of them!
 Amazingly delish cobb salad with avocado lime dressing. Yummy!


 The balloon man asked Leeland what his favorite color was, and he said pink.  He then showed him the 30+ balloon colors he had and said, pick one and Leeland pointed straight to the pink.  Pink balloon sword it is!
 A balloon corsage for me.

 .... And free dessert after dinner! Cookies and sundaes.


The local college fencing team (or part of the fencing team) was outside and Leeland got to learn a couple fencing moves after dinner.

Hope my little man had as much fun as I did!  I guess date knight will be our regular thing.  I need to come up with something to be a regular thing for Hayden and I too though.  I'll think on it some more-- it's really nice to spend one on one time with each of them. 

And a special thanks to Daniel for helping make it happen by staying back with the Hayden meister at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment