Friday, September 30, 2011

What I'm up to.

Guess what came in the mail yesterday!?  My new diaper bag! 
My new Skip Hop Studio diaper bag, fresh out of the packaging.  I ended up going for black because I feel like it will match the most things and I debated about whether or not a print would "get old."  I haven't started using it yet, but plan to break it in tomorrow when we are out of town.  I had only ever seen this bag online and not in person, and I just have to say this bag is HUGE!  Plenty of room for 2 babies items and Mommy's stuff too for sure.  I can't wait to break it in tomorrow.

In case your curious, we will be heading out of town for the Apple Festival tomorrow and visiting with some of my family that we haven't seen in a while.  Really looking forward to a little road trip with the family-- and will post pictures next week of course.

Lately I haven't been up to much-- just enjoying my time with Leeland and we had a few play dates this week. So nice to meet up with people, let the kids play and have adult conversation.  You all probably think that I have gone yarn crazy from my past few posts, but I have been working on a little crochet project this week. I don't want to spoil it yet, but here's a little sneak peek.

Crocheted hexagons.  Die hard crocheters will also notice the long tail on my hexagon which is would insinuate that I will be attaching it to something.  We shall see.  In the mean time, I am counting stitches and rows and making hexagons which will become an adorable little thing. The yarn color is called "Windsor blue" and it's a really pretty navy with sort of a gray tint to it.  I always find it kind of funny how I only tend to crochet in the Fall and Winter months-- something about the cooler weather and getting cozy on the couch with a ball of yarn.  Hope to finish this project in the next couple weeks.

Have a great weekend all, and safe travels if you will be going places too!

No comments:

Post a Comment