Wednesday, September 21, 2011

50th birthday cake.

Last weekend the family got together to celebrate my Father-in-Law's 50th birthday.  I made the cake, and really struggled coming up with an idea.  If you ever google 50th birthday slogans, cakes, etc, a lot of jokes about death come up.  The themes are always black, and I even saw a few cakes that just had tombstones on them.  Not the idea, I was after.... If someone threw me a doomsday 50th birthday party, I would probably kick them in the shin.  It's a little rude.  Here's what me and Daniel came up with:


Methuselah is the oldest person in the Bible whose age is mentioned.  Did I mention that my FIL's a pastor?  Biblical joke.  Anyways, it was a hit! Check out those lovely layers of chocolate and white cake with LOADS of chocolate buttercream frosting!  And if I don't do a good enough job of talking it up here, here's a perfect advertisement....

A hit with the baby as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment