Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday, fun day.

Today was a rather interesting day-- a day of new things. I'm off work on Fridays which is FABULOUS! I get a nice 3 day weekend where I can solely focus on the house, Daniel and Leeland. This morning we woke up and Daniel had a doctor's appointment and then he had to go to work, so it was mostly just Leeland and I, though I did get to eat lunch with Daniel which was nice.

So back to the story, apparently today was a day for Leeland to show off and try new things. This morning I left him for maybe 2 minutes in the living room playing with his toys- I headed to the potty and to grab a bib for him to wear while eating breakfast. When I came back he had somehow managed to climb onto the couch and was walking around on the couch. As I mentioned the other day, he is walking now all by himself, well apparently he is also climbing. Praise the Lord he didn't fall from the couch. So I get him down from the couch and he proceeds to explore the living room.

The boy is spoiled rotten and has SO many toys and yet he chooses to play with other items around the house. So he also discovered today that drawers open, I guess it was bound to happen eventually. We have a desk in our living room and it has 3 drawers, those are the ones he was playing with. Luckily I was randomly in the cleaning and organizing mood last week so I cleaned out those desk drawers pretty well. He found my stretch bands for working out and he walked around the house with them ALL day long. It's the little things that amuse kids. People told me that it was "all downhill" once he started walking, but I didn't realize he was going to learn all of these things in the same week. The boy is on the move and into everything-- no more breaks for mommy for a while.

So after our eventful morning we had lunch with Daniel before he had to head to work. Chick-Fil-A of course.... Sadly we've become pretty predictable, we're a Chick-Fil-A obsessed family. When Daniel headed to work, Leeland and I headed to the grocery store because it's super-double coupon week.  Can I get a hallelujah! So once groceries were put away and the nap was over, it was time for Mommy to have some fun and try something new.... SALSA!

I got an email the other day about "Salsa Babies", it's a mommy and me style dancing class where the women wear their babies in a carrier and dance. The babies were given maracas to jiggle and enjoy while the mommies were taught the steps. We learned the basic steps to salsa, the meringa and the cha cha. It was a 45 minute class and it went by so quickly. I worked up a sweat and hopefully burned some serious calories and Leeland REALLY enjoyed the dancing and bouncing around. He's very into dancing and music right now. Such a neat idea to dance while wearing your baby! A lot of fun and I would definitely do it again. Happy to say that because I was very nervous going into it. Not sure when I became such an introvert. Daniel says that it has only been since Leeland was born and that it's probably just me trying to be protective of him-- I don't know if that's good or bad? Maybe more on that later.

That is all for now, we just had dinner (grilled chicken caesar salads) so it's time to spend some time with Daniel before he zooms off to his 2nd job. Another busy day in store for tomorrow- hitting the Farmer's Market in the morning (craving some goat cheese) and then I have a bridal shower to go to tomorrow afternoon.

Happy weekend all!!
By the way-- Praise be to God that Leeland and I are both 100% over our sicknesses!! YAY! It only took 2 1/2 weeks, but we feel great!

2 comments:

  1. Aw what a nice day :o) I can only imagine having a toddler roaming every where and fascinated with everything. What an exhausting blessing. The salsa class sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you guys had a great day! I'll see you in the morning AND will bring your new cloth diapers with me :) Bright and early!!

    ReplyDelete