Sunday, July 21, 2013

P90x Week 5 Wrap Up

I'm in month TWO!  (... and there's only 3... Haha!)  Have you checked out my 30 day photos?  Not a whole lot of change yet to be seen in photos, but I FEEL fabulous.  Completing more of the work outs than I have and I have so much more energy.  Here's what week FIVE looked like for me--

DAY 1- Chest, Shoulders & Triceps and Ab Ripper: My triceps are on fire from this, and this will be my regular Monday work out for the next few weeks.  Also introduced in this work out is slow motion push-ups.  Slow, slow, slow all the way down and then slow, slow, slow all the way up.  It may not sound difficult, but hop in the floor, try a fast push up and then a slow one and then we can talk.  My whole upper body is on fire... Never thought I'd say this, but praise the Lord I have plyometrics tomorrow. Ab Ripper felt great, I love that I'm keeping up with the Ab Ripper DVD these days and look forward to seeing the results from it at the end of 90 days.

DAY 2- Plyometrics: WOW!  With last week being a little different, I haven't done plyometrics in two weeks, and man could I feel it today.  Winded and SUPER sweaty! Whew! 

DAY 3- Back & Biceps and Ab Ripper:  Great workout!  Still needing heavier weights, but I'm still able to do more reps and feel the burn with the lighter ones. 

DAY 4- Yoga:  Missed my workout.  I was insanely busy working on the Dessert Bar order.  The funny thing is though, that as much as I have really disliked yoga over the past few weeks, I was actually looking forward to yoga this week.  Complete turn around, right?  After last week being a little different, this week I am SUPER sore and thinking about all those stretches, sounded so lovely.

DAY 5- Legs & Back:  Got up early and banged it out.  Feeling good.  After missing my yoga day, it was really nice to try to get back on track.  Killed my legs today!

DAY 6- Kenpo:  Another miss!  I was a busy bee trying to bang out my nephew's birthday cake.  Super frustrated this week-- not only did I miss my very 1st work out, but I also missed my second.  I've been working hard in the kitchen, and have really worn myself out.  So exhausted.... and frustrated.

DAY 7- Rest: I had hoped to either make up kenpo or yoga today so that I only missed 1.... but it didn't happen.  We had church this morning and then my nephew's birthday party.  Incredibly exhausted at the end of this busy week and really just couldn't do it.  Super frustrated with my first missed workouts, but trying my best to give myself a little grace.  I started this journey with the idea of "no more excuses"... but ultimately, sometimes life happens.  Hoping to bring it stronger and harder when I jump back into it tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment