Sunday, July 21, 2013

1st birthday cake!

It has been a crazy week-- SO much baking!  Kind of insane how many cake orders I have had since I started my p90x journey.  What's up with that!?  Talk about torture, and a test of commitment!  So I already posted about my big dessert bar order this week, I also had to make my nephew's 1st birthday cake.  My sister had the idea of making a giant cupcake, she wanted my nephew to have a giant cupcake to be his "smash cake."  For the most part she gave me creative freedom, she sent me a few photos of cakes she liked as inspiration, but they didn't have a certain theme or anything for his party, so design was fair game.  It was definitely going to be a BIG cake though, because she planned for a lot of family and friends to be there.  Here's what I came up with--

No comments:

Post a Comment