Sunday, July 14, 2013

P90x Week 4 Wrap Up

A little something different this week-- when I first looked at the schedule, I assumed that it was a "light week" before I head into month two.... but I'm here to tell you, there's nothing light about this week.  Working hard leading into those 30 day measurements and photos!

DAY 1- Yoga:  Completed 30 minutes of yoga (with the kiddos, haha!)
DAY 2- Core Synergistics:  Hard to describe this workout-- when Daniel heard I was doing core, he said he wanted to do it with me.  I think we were both assuming it would be something similar to Ab Ripper, and he likes to do abs with me and "enjoys" (as much as you can enjoy pain) the Ab Ripper DVD.... That is not at all what this is.  Core Synergistics is a total body work out, but while you are doing the moves, your core is still being strengthened and used.  If that makes sense?  Many of the moves are quite difficult, and this being my 1st go at this DVD, I look forward to a second shot at it this week.

DAY 3- Kenpo: I still love kenpo!  After working out today, I just have to say that Tony Horton is one smart dude.  I've done kenpo once a week for the past month, but today in a different sequence, different day of the week, and following other exercises, it felt different.  Worked up a serious sweat and feeling more motivated than ever!

DAY 4- X Stretch:  Woke up pretty sore, and I haven't been sore much since week 1.  This varied week must be doing some good work to make me feel that way.  X Stretch was pretty awesome this morning, I have much more patience with it, than I do yoga. (haha!)  And it felt REALLY great to my sore muscles.  Definitely a DVD to keep around after p90x is over.

DAY 5- Core Synergistics:  Take 2 of core synergistics.  Maybe I'm over thinking things, but I feel like this work out is going to take some practice-- in the back of my mind, I'm constantly trying to figure out if I'm doing it right based on what I feel in my core, and I don't always feel something in my core with each move.  I'm sure I will get to give this workout another go at some point in the next 60 days, so we'll see how it gets better over time.

DAY 6- Yoga: Skipped... yes, I skipped... The first work out that I've skipped since I started.  Though I will say I didn't intend for it to be skipping, I decided to swap day 6 for day 7 and have this day be my rest.  Not that I have to explain myself, but if you are curious, I woke up in a foul mood, couldn't get motivated, the weather has been yucky and the boys had LOTS of energy that they were using for destruction.  Life happens.

DAY 7- REST:  Supposed to be my rest day, however I was supposed to make it yesterday's yoga.  It didn't happen. What DID happen however was push mowing the yard for an hour and half! Surely that makes up for an hour of yoga? 

No comments:

Post a Comment