Friday, April 26, 2013

Purple Ombre Rose Cake

The rose cake first made it's appearance in my life in 2011 when I made it for my parents 15 year anniversary. (See here) And though I love it, I hadn't made the rose cake since.  When I got a wedding cake order a couple weeks ago and the bride said that she likes flowers, I immediately thought of that very cake again-- but this time with COLOR! I love the ombre effect of the fading purples and really love the way that it turned out.  This cake is a good old fashioned poundcake with buttercream frosting.
 The bride also wanted some cupcakes on the side for her family friendly wedding so that the kids in attendance can enjoy them.
Delivering everything tomorrow! Praying it travels well on the 45 minute car ride and praying the bride likes it as much as I do. 



No comments:

Post a Comment