Monday, April 22, 2013

Happy Earth Day!

I've had lots of posts throughout my blogging history about a "greener" me and the small changes we've made as a family over time.  Everything from cloth diapers and re-usable shopping bags all the way to re-usable menstrual products. Some of it started out as ways to save money to be more comfortable with me staying at home with the boys, but a lot of it was, and has grown to become a personal conviction.  I know that the Earth is not my permanent home, and I so look forward to my eternal home with my Father in Heaven, BUT until that time comes, I feel that He has called us to be good stewards with what He has given.  I feel like that means money he has provided, our bodies (or temple) and also the land he has provided.  We have been provided with so many great resources from the Earth, things that we need to live, I feel like it should be a daily striving to do better and to be more sustainable. 
Image credit-jtimothyking blog
Today as we celebrate Earth Day, I ask each of you, what changes are you willing to make? Make baby steps, one small change every couple of months can truly make a big difference.  And if you're anything like us, in the process of those small changes, you will grow and you will learn and you will yearn to make even bigger changes!

"The earth is the Lord’s, and all its fullness,
The world and those who dwell therein. 
 For He has founded it upon the seas,
And established it upon the waters."
-Psalm 24:1-2
 *Our "Earth Day Everyday" diaper is a Fuzzibunz special edition that came out in honor of the Great Cloth Diaper Change in 2011.

And for fun, here's a behind the scenes of my "second shooter"


 

No comments:

Post a Comment