Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Free Cone Day! (Ben & Jerry's)

Yesterday was Free Cone Day at Ben & Jerry's in case you live under a rock and hadn't heard.  I am ashamed to admit that I nearly missed it... If it weren't for a Facebook post by my old MOPS group we would have missed it!  I saw the post around 10:45am, called Ben & Jerry's to hear that they opened at noon, so I got the boys dressed and we almost immediately jumped into the car to head that way.  The line wasn't long when they opened, only about 15-20 people ahead of us and it went fast.  The donation proceeds were going to Habitat for Humanity this year. 
Leeland enjoyed a cone of strawberry ice cream and I enjoyed a cone of chunky monkey... And Hayden just had some cone. (I tried to share my ice cream with him but he kept turning away.) It's pretty much the ONE time a year that we get Ben & Jerry's (too pricey) and it was SO yummy!

What I failed to capture with the camera yesterday however though, was Leeland SOAKING wet from splashing around by the fountain, and Leeland completely embarrassing me by pulling his pants down and peeing next to the fountain in front of everyone there.  You can rest assure that we had a long talk on the drive home about private parts and who is allowed to see them and about how now that he's a big boy, he can use the potty when he needs to go... I have been assured that this is "normal" boy behavior, which means I guess that I'm in for it with 2 boys. 

And just for kicks and giggles, if you're interested, check out last year's Free Cone Day.  Leeland didn't make near as big of a mess! (And I got a little smarter by choosing strawberry in hopes that it wouldn't stain anything like chocolate.)




No comments:

Post a Comment