Friday, October 7, 2011

It's a.....

 Yesterday afternoon I spent about 3 hours at my OB office.  I was scheduled for an ultrasound- THE ultrasound, the 20 week anatomy one where you get to see everything, if you know what I mean.  They also did some blood work, a pelvic exam, breast exam, and I got myself a flu vaccine.  I feel that I have mentioned this before but due to Daniel switching jobs back in September, this was my first visit to the doctor's office.  We have in fact known for the past 15 weeks that I was pregnant, I took a home test, and had an ultrasound done at the Care Center I used to work part-time at when I was about 10/11 weeks pregnant.  With the switch in jobs though, we wouldn't have insurance until Daniel had worked for 30 days which meant October 1.  We didn't want to risk them not covering anything and saying it was a "pre-existing condition" so we just waited.  With the 2nd pregnancy, you kind of know what to expect or at least know the signs that you don't want to see.  That is part of the reason I think that the visit was so long yesterday, it was like playing a little bit of catch up.  Here's some adorable ultrasound photos of our 20 week and 1 day little baby:
 We are going with a different OB office this pregnancy, and I was totally stoked to find out that they had the ability to do 3D and 4D ultrasounds which the doctor's office I went to with Leeland didn't offer.  So nice to see such a neat picture of the baby's face.  In case you are alarmed looking at this photo- it looks like something is coming out of the baby's nose, that is actually the umbilical cord.  The baby hid behind it the majority of the ultrasound. 

And I couldn't resist sharing this sweet little baby foot!  Leeland likes this picture too, he likes to point out the toes.  The ultrasound tech said that the baby is about the size of a Barbie and weighs around 12 ounces.  They checked out every part of the baby, took all kinds of measurements and thoroughly examined the baby-- the baby is very healthy and perfect. 

Oh! And for that important little tid bit that you are waiting for.... The baby is a BOY!  We plan to name him "Hayden Daniel".  He is so adorable and perfect in every way already and I can't wait till February to meet him!  We love you little guy!

2 comments:

  1. I knew it would be a boy! Daniel's little soldiers are going for a football team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, what a sweet baby :D

    Thank you for the Birthday card! I gave you much thanks on my blog

    http://amrix11.blogspot.com/

    <3

    ReplyDelete