Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day.

I would first like to wish you all a very happy Memorial Day! A special thanks to all of our veterans and those who are currently serving our country. We truly appreciate you and love each of you for what you do to protect our freedom.

I hope that everyone enjoyed their Memorial Day-- it was a hot one here in North Carolina! Wooo! I'm not good in hot weather.... it's not quite summer yet, but this 90 degree weather is killing me. Of the 4 seasons, Summer is definitely my least favorite!

I spent my day baking! I had a cake order for one of my sister's friends. Her little girl is turning 4 this week and she requested a Disney princess cake! She also wanted me to make a name plaque for her.


That is a very pink cake! And the letters on the name plaque are glittery-- I tried to get a close up but I'm still learning how to use our fancy camera. Anyone want to give me lessons on how to use my camera to take professional pictures?? I have a Nikon D3000, and I'm not picture savvy.

I didn't only do baking for little Kendra-- my husband and I have both had sweet tooths the past few days so I made us some cookies too. Cake mix cookies.... That's right, did you know you can make cookies out of cake mix? This was my 1st time and they tasted awesome! I made them with "Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate Fudge" cake mix. All you do is mix the cake mix with 1 stick of softened butter and 1 egg. Bake them at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. They come out thick and chewy and yummy!!

And I can't finish out a post without talking about our little man Leeland, so here are a few pictures that we took of Leeland yesterday at the playground at our apartment.
He's growing TOO fast!

"But why can't I eat the mulch Mom??"


Loves his football.

Dandelion.

hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment