Thursday, April 14, 2011

12 months=1 year!

My sweet little boy is 1 year old today! Can you believe it? I sure can't..... but I have said that every month when he gets a little older. Last year at this exact time I was in the hospital preparing to give birth to our 1st son. He was born at 6:10pm, 8 pounds 6 ounces and 21 inches long. I fell in the love with him the moment I saw him.  He's grown and learned so much over the past year! Here are some changes from the past month....

--We are still working on weaning Leeland from his bottle, and I must say that he has made it SUPER easy. He doesn't complain at all about milk and doesn't seem to notice the difference between his organic whole milk and his Enfamil AR. We are down to only 1 bottle a day and that happens just before bedtime. Once we are done with our last can of formula, there will be no more. He also calls his sippy cups his "ba-ba" which is his word for bottle so I guess he doesn't mind the cup either.

--There seems to be no such thing as walking anymore, Leeland now prefers to get around by RUNNING! He has a cute little run too. His only issue is he doesn't always look where he's going and will trip over toys, and often the dog.

--He is now riding around in a convertible car seat, or as I like to call it, his "big boy" car seat. It looks super comfortable and from what I can tell, he seems to really like it.

--Recently he has turn into a picky eater when he has NEVER been picky before. I think it is mostly due to the transition of solid table food. I guess when you're used to eating pureed green beans, a real green bean would be weird in your mouth. Trial and error, he tries some things and spits them out and I just keep trying them. I wish that he was completely off of baby food but we're not there yet.

--Lately he continues to refuse his 2nd nap.... I think we may be down to just 1 nap a day. Sad to see that 2nd one go but I think it's pretty typical for a 1 year old to only take 1 nap a day.

That's about all I can think of that's changed for now-- I'm too anxious and excited for his birthday party to think. I will surely post once the birthday party is here and over. We also go to the doctor on Friday for his 1 year check-up and I'm excited to see how much our boy has grown. He feels super heavy now to me but that could just be because I've been so tired and weak lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment