Saturday, January 30, 2016

2016 Reads: January

In keeping with my "One Word for 2016" I've been doing quite a bit of reading.  I got a Kindle Paperwhite for Christmas from "Santa" and it has been SUCH a blessing!!  I absolutely LOVE it.  Which is honestly a little shocking to me because I've always been an old school gal who loves the feel of paper in my hands.  I mean, I don't do internet banking, I handwrite thank-you's and I mail out paper invitations for events.  But anyway, as a mom, and especially one with an infant, the Kindle has been amazing.  The paperwhite is lit so that I can lay in bed and nurse baby Joel and read a book after he falls asleep without having a light on bothering him.  OR in situations that require holding the baby, as in he passes out on me in the afternoon, I can easily hold the kindle and "turn pages" all with one hand while holding him with the other arm.  AND you guys know I'm a frugal lady... Kindle books are also cheaper!!  (And can even be free when borrowed from the NC Digital Library or borrowed from a friend!)
OK so here's what I've read this month...
...and half way through "French Kids Eat Everything" by  Karen Le Billon
More reads to come!  What are you currently reading??  I have a wish list of books in my queue, but certainly always looking for inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment