Well, well, well my 21 days are up! If you haven't been following along, here are links for week 1 and week 2. As with all of my other results posts out here in internet land, there's always a little bit of excitement to share how things have gone, but there's also a TON of vulnerability. If you choose to comment, be kind. I did just have my 3rd son 5 months ago. :)
Let's start off with non-scale victories (NSVs) first! NSVs can sometimes be harder to spot or think of, but often times they are the true game changers above and beyond the change in appearance. So here we go....
- WE collectively as a family of 5 are eating better. I have been through the fix independently before, but this time ALL of us have cleaned up our eating.
- ... To tag along to the first, the boys are eating SO much better! There was a time when veggies meant fights at the dinner table. While there have been occasional troubles here and there, overall, their eating has gotten SO much better. They are eating broccoli, carrots, spinach, and zucchini mostly without complaint. And we've dropped the overly processed boxed items and refined sugar from their diet.
- I'm back in my pre-maternity skinny jeans! Hallelujah! I will openly confess that I miss my elastic pants, but it was certainly time to pack them away.
- I'm becoming a morning person! I have pretty much never been a morning person, and yet 17 out of 21 days I was up and completely finished with my workout before the boys woke up. It wasn't easy, but the result of this action was my motivator. I got some "me time" which is hard to come by and was able to prep for the day ahead. But also, I found that I had SO much more energy and patience and was all around happier day to day with the boys.
- I need heavier "light weights." Most of the workouts throughout the DVD set suggest having a heavy wet set and a light weight set pending the exercise, and currently my light weights are too light! Gaining strength is always a win!
- and lastly... plenty of good healthy calories and staying hydrated = an awesome milk supply for the baby! I'm really impressed with the food intake and that even with adding in an extra 500 calories to accommodate nursing Joel, I've seen weight loss, AND still been able to more than supply breastmilk for him. He is certainly priority!
Each of these things are such a blessing and a victory! AND they are each motivators to keep on trucking along to my next goal/challenge. It's important to take care of myself, but I've also been bettering and taking care of my family as well in the process.
Weight: 170 pounds
Arms: 12 inches
Chest: 38 1/2 inches
Waist: 34 3/4 inches
Hips: 42 inches
Thighs: 26 inches
Weight: 162.5 pounds
Arms: 12 inches
Chest: 38 inches
Waist: 32 1/4 inches
Hips: 41 1/2 inches
Thighs: 25 1/4 inches
21 Days. Only 3 weeks. That's over 3 inches down in my thighs, hips, and waist, and over 7 pounds lost! (One pound at a time!) I'm very pleased with the results from less than a month, but I'm MORE pleased with the habits formed and the routines made. Eating well... in fact, eating abundantly and keeping my body moving. No stopping now! It's just on to the next goal.