Friday, September 6, 2013

P90x Week 12 Wrap Up

12 out of 13.... I repeat... 12 out of 13!! So stoked!!

DAY 1- Chest, Shoulders & Triceps and Ab Ripper: I still can't believe I'm 12 weeks in. I really enjoy chest days because they allow me to reminisce a little back to day 1 and remember how I literally died doing like 5 push ups. I'm not really sure how I made it through the routine that day, and now here I am knocking them out and enjoying it.

DAY 2- Plyometrics: Daniel joined me today! That was a lot of fun to have a buddy to work out with. Couples who sweat together, stay together, right? Is that a saying? 

DAY 3- Back & Biceps and Ab Ripper: Just got my new dumbbells a few weeks ago and I'm already feeling like I could up them about 5 pounds each. I guess that's a good sign. If there's one thing I've learned, if you want to get strong, p90x is where it's at! 

DAY 4- Yoga: A miss. I know I explained it last week, but yoga is just so hard to do with kids afoot. I need relaxation, focus and my happy place for it. It also doesn't help that it falls on Thursdays and I keep other kids on Thursdays. Oh well! It's grown on me enough that I really like it, maybe it's something I can look into and advance in when the boys are a bit older.

DAY 5- Legs & Back: Holy Charlie horse batman!! My calves have been tight for a couple days, and those "sneaky lunges" today really did them in. Whew!! Finished the work out though and topped it off with a banana and protein.  Maybe I should try to make up that yoga day and stretch these legs out? 

DAY 6- Kenpo: Another fun workout WITH the husband. He's always been a workout enthusiast and gym rat, but it's been fun working out with him and having him home for workouts. We used to occasionally go to the gym together when we were dating. Who knows, when I'm all done with this challenge, I may have to hop in on some workouts with him as he continues just for the fun of it. 

DAY 7- Rest day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment