Monday, September 16, 2013

P90x Week 13 Wrap Up

Confession: I really sucked this week! I could blame it on the busyness of life or the fact that we were all sick, or plain and simple losing motivation, but I really think it goes back further than that. It goes back to week 4, my first "odd week." In my mind, I categorized it as a "light week." It's not heavy training, very different work outs, a lot of yoga.... I really shot myself in the foot when I did that, so when week 8 came, it was a light week, and 13, was a light week.... Once I got to those weeks, mentally believing they were light and no big deal, made it easy for me to discount them and skip them as if they had no big deal. I never skipped as bad as this week.... But I really failed myself in my way of thinking. (And please don't read that wrong, I don't truly believe those work outs have no value. I'm kicking myself for missing them because I know the program works as written.... And no work out works if you don't do it!)

But without further ado, here's this weeks breakdown:

DAY 1- Yoga: missed

DAY 2- Core synergistics: missed

DAY 3- Kenpo: After beating myself up about missing day 1 and 2, I picked myself up tonight and made kenpo happen. I also added an AB Ripper after I finished in hopes of making up a little of the core I missed. And I thought my last ab ripper was last week?

DAY 4- X Stretch: missed

DAY 5- Core Synergistics: missed

DAY 6- Yoga: missed my yoga work out but I did mow our grass for 2 1/2 hours. It may sound simple, but we have a push lawn mower, so it isn't exactly easy work.  Something is better than nothing, right? 

Told you I sucked! 

DAY 7- Rest: I went for a run. I've mentioned before that I have a 5k coming up next month. I had 30 minutes to spare after church before a baby shower, so though I ran out of the house without a watch or phone or anything, I was determined to run for around 30 minutes.  In past runs, I knew how many loops I would do around the neighborhood, and it was always around 20 minutes and I clocked the mileage as 1.7 miles. SO, when I set out on this run, I was pretty much just determined to add an extra loop or push myself just a little bit further. I added 2 extra loops, and 2 extra side street dead ends and was feeling great!! Was nervous about the time so I came inside to get ready for the baby shower, then headed out and drove my route in my car before the shower to see how far I had went.... I was in total shock! 3.2 miles!!! 3.2 miles!!! A 5k is only 3.1. I did not intend to go that far and really can't believe I did. 

After yesterday's run, I can honesty say that regardless of what my final measurements this week show, p90x works! I am in the best shape I've been in, in a very long time, possibly ever.  The measurements that I'm looking for take time to achieve, they aren't a 90 day fix, but I have come leaps and bounds in 90 days. I feel great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment