Saturday, October 27, 2012

It's The Great Pumpkin (+recipes)

We've been pump, pump, pumpkining it up at the Kroh house! (Yea, I know, I'm a dork.)  Just soaking in all of the joys of Fall and one of my favorite is PUMPKIN! I've been making pumpkin chocolate chip muffins for over a month now. I'm not gonna lie, I started baking those before Fall began.  This year I've started using whole wheat flour and they've been super yummy. 

Also last week I made my version of Pumpkin Patch Pasta... Oh my! Just the cheese/pumpkin sauce alone is to die for!  It sounds weird to mix cheese and pumpkin, sure, but it is SO SO yummy and so balanced.  MMM!

And we carved pumpkins!  Last year we bought three pumpkins so that Leeland would have one, but we actually carved them after he was in bed, so this is the first year that Leeland got to participate.  He cleaned out the "guts" literally one seed at a time and he made a tower out of the triangle pieces we had cut out of the pumpkin.  Leeland requested that Daniel make a funny face pumpkin, and that I make a happy face pumpkin.  And we roasted the seeds and Leeland is loving them!






And then tonight we went to a local orchard who does a movie night every year where they show "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown," which happens to be one of my favorite classics!  It is not a holiday, unless there's Peanuts!  (Just saying.)  We had so much fun, the boys dressed in their costumes (Hayden a cow and Leeland a doctor), we went on a hay ride, had face... or hand paints, smores, roasted marshmallows and then snuggled up on blankets to watch the movie outdoors on a beautiful Fall night.  This just might become a yearly family tradition!  Tonight Daniel had to work unfortunately but my mother and father in law and my niece joined me and the boys.  Leeland loved it and he was so surprised and happy that his Grandma and Papa were there.








Anywho, go make something "pumpkiny".... or a smore! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment