Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Great start to my new year :D

So at the Kroh house, we have LOTS of celebrations all at once!  There's Christmas of course, then there's a week of calm and then starts the other festivities.  What festivities you ask?  First there is my birthday.  I am a "New Year's baby"!  Interesting fact about me:  I was the first baby born in my county in the year 1987! Being a New Year's baby has it's perks but it also has it's downfalls.  

Pro's:  
-It's your birthday and you get presents
-It's a national holiday which means for most you are off work
-Traditional new year's food: black-eyed peas, turnip (or collard) greens, cornbread and hog jaws. MMM! It's definitely a southern thing

Con's:
-You never really get a party, people party to celebrate New Year's eve and then kind of say "happy new year!.... oh, by the way... happy birthday"
-All of your friends are too hungover to remember your birthday
-Every time you pull out your license you get the comment "your a new year's baby!!" (smile, nod, hear that all the time...)
My sister's birthday is Dec 28th, so my family celebrates both
of our birthdays together.
So after all of the birthday festivities, Daniel and I celebrate our wedding anniversary on January 3rd!  Call us crazy for having all this at one time of year, and we are, but we were very anxious to get married.  Daniel proposed June 20, 2008.  We originally set our wedding date for June 20, 2009 so that we could get married after I graduated from college.... but then we thought twice about it.  I mean WHY WAIT? We were so excited and ready to get married that we didn't really want to wait, I could go to classes and be married.  I won't say that it was easy to do, but we bumped the date up and if I had it to do all over again, I would make the same decision over and over.  This year we celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary which has really flown by!  I hear that's what happens after you have a kid.  

So with that said, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THE LOVE OF MY LIFE DANIEL KROH!

Gotta love the self-timer function! This is our family on our
2 year wedding anniversary.
So what's next on the agenda for our family?  Daniel's birthday! Daniel's birthday is January 20th and I CAN'T wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment