Friday, January 28, 2011

Call me old-fashioned.

I have been called old-fashioned, out dated, and even a senior citizen over the use of my checkbook.  No, I'm not one of those crazy people that whips it out at the grocery store and holds up the entire check out line, but I DO pay all of my bills by check.  I can't explain why, but my brain doesn't do good with online banking and paying bills online.  There is something about writing that makes me feel much more organized.  I receive all of my bills in the mail, and mail them all with a check.  And unlike most, I still keep up my checkbook register with every deposit, debit, check written and ATM withdrawal.  I check my findings with what the bank has every few weeks.  
Lately I have been a little torn about my use of USPS.  My resolution this year was to be greener and yet I receive ALL paper statements monthly, and I mail EVERYTHING.  I just can't seem to talk myself into doing it any other way though.  One day checks and paper billing will become obsolete like the VCR, and when that day comes, I will be heart broken, but will be forced to make the transition.  Until then, in an effort to be somewhat green, the checks we ordered are printed on recycled paper and have a pretty tree on them. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment