Monday, September 29, 2014

What's Next?

I love that as soon as I finish up one program, I almost immediately get the question, "What's Next?"  Speaking seriously here, not being sarcastic, I really do love that!  I love it because I have been told by so many that I have inspired them, or motivated them, or gave them inspiration, when in actuality, you guys are motivating me!  When I hear that "What's next?", I think... "I've gotta hop to it!"  What's my next challenge?  Gotta get another free shirt, right? Ha!


So to answer the minds of the curious, today I began day one of the Les Mills "Combat" program.  It is a 60 day program, and so far day 1 went very well.  I felt like a total badass ninja warrior this afternoon in my own living room punching and kicking at air.  It was amazing! Seriously.  I don't know a whole lot about the program, and I pray that I continue to enjoy it, but one thing I did notice today is that cardio wise, it is not the intensity of Turbo Fire.  Granted that's judging day one, so we'll see what the rest of the program has in store, but in actuality less cardio in the program could be a good thing because it will push me to add in extra running which I need to do anyway.

I have 2 races coming up in November-- a 10k on November 1st, and a 5k on November 22nd and I'm shooting for a PR on the 5k so I definitely need to get out and do some running as well.

I also plan to continue eating per the 21 Day Fix guidelines, because I'm hooked on it and until I get a hang of portions visually and feel equipped to go sans containers, I will continue using my little containers to portion my meals.  And I also plan to continue with some of the 21 Day Fix workouts because I really love Autumn's ab routine and her upper and lower body weight lifting routines.

So that is what's next in the world of fitness for me-- I'm a little nervous, I'm not gonna lie.  Last year at this time was about the time that I picked up Turbo Fire and then I didn't finish it.  Thankfully I got back up and continued on when I began half marathon training a few months later, but there's something about cooler weather and the holidays that makes the commitment so much more difficult. The chill in the air makes me crave "comfort foods" which are not so great for me, and then we get to the Holidays and we get busy hopping from celebration to celebration and I miss workouts and eat traditional holiday "junk food."  It's tough!  My goal is to conquer this season.  To learn from last year's mistakes, and push through this busy season in our lives.  Are you with me?   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment