Tuesday, June 24, 2014

21 Day Fix Week 3 (AND RESULTS!)

Before you all scroll down and rush to the results, can I just say that I LOVE THIS PROGRAM!!  This is my 3rd beach body program, and though I have thoroughly enjoyed the others that I have tried, the food component of 21 Day Fix CANNOT be beat!  Don't get me wrong, the others come with elaborate meal plans, recipe ideas and nutrition information, but the 21 Day Fix teaches the basic fundamentals of clean eating and portion control.  And at the end of the day, that's what a healthy diet (and weight loss) is all about!  I have learned so much and built good healthy habits over the last 3 weeks that I definitely plan to continue!

Doubles week!!  Yep, two-a-day workouts all this week, one done in the AM and one done in the PM.  Week 3 includes the optional doubles week as part of the 21 Day Fix plan to give you that last little boost at the homestretch.  Getting that 2nd work out in was pretty tough with this past week being a leader at our church's Vacation Bible School every single night.... but I did my best.  Here's a breakdown of my days before I share my results, this 21 Days really flew by!

DAY 1: Total Body Cardio Fix and Pilates Fix
It's amazing to me how far I've come from the first week-- my body truly amazes me.  The work outs get easier and easier. (Not easy, but easier.)

Food went a little something like this, steel cut oats with flax, sliced banana and flax for breakfast, lunch was leftover grilled chicken, brussel sprouts and quinoa and then I had dinner on the run, I made a mixed green salad with veggies, 2 hard boiled eggs and balsamic vinaigrette.

DAY 2: Upper Fix and Cardio Fix
It was hard getting into my work out late last night after vacation bible school, so I scrambled this morning to get my upper fix in first thing and then was able to do my cardio fix before heading to VBS. Checking the workouts off-- it's so surreal that I'm almost done and this is the last week!

Tried something NEW for breakfast this morning.  ((gasp!)) Baked Peanut Butter Oats and Berries by Jean Reed and it was delicious!  Of course, I'm of the school of thought that literally anything with peanut butter is amazing.  Lunch was a clean out the fridge of leftovers sort of thing, I had a couple of bun-less turkey burgers, zucchini and squash stir fry and some brussel sprouts.  And then for dinner I had 1 piece of homemade whole wheat cheese pizza and a side salad.  
^my morning oats baked in a coffee mug. Jean makes hers in a mason jar and they are just as scrumptious as they are cute. 

DAY 3: Lower Fix and 10 Minute Fix for Abs
I knew that I had conquered my leg workout and did it right when I went to shave my leg in the shower, lifted it up and it trembled like a leaf.  As much as I am determined to conquer doubles week as laid out in the plan... I will be so happy when doubles are over!  Doubles are so tough! (But if it were easy, everyone would be doing it, right?)

Breakfast was my steel cut oats with banana, Lunch was grilled chicken with a side of zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms mixed together and then for dinner I had a side salad with a stuffed pepper.  The stuffed pepper had ground turkey, black beans, quinoa and cheese in it. 

DAY 4: Pilates Fix and Total Body Cardio Fix
Not a whole lot to say workout wise, this is a repeat from Monday but flip-flopped. Pilates is tough, but it's growing on me!

Eating wise, banana oatmeal for breakfast, a leftover stuffed pepper for lunch, and a mixed green salad with cucumber, tomato, mushrooms and hard boiled egg for dinner. 

DAY 5: Cardio Fix and Upper Fix
Got my sweat on this morning doing cardio fix! Wowsers! And then sadly we got home incredibly late and ridiculously exhausted from vacation bible school, so I had my first missed workout tonight.  It does make me feel a little bit better that it was my second workout of the day and not the first. I'm going to attempt to make it up over the weekend. 

Food wise was pretty much the same as yesterday.  There's only so much cooking and prep work you can do when you're spending half the day out of the house with small children and you're working out twice a day.  It's been exhausting! Banana oatmeal for breakfast, stuffed pepper for lunch, and a mixed green salad with veggies and grilled chicken for dinner. 

DAY 6: Dirty 30 and Pilates Fix
Rearranged the work out schedule just a tiny bit in an effort to make up for last night.  This morning I did Upper Fix and this evening I did Pilates Fix.

Eating goes a little something like this... this morning my breakfast was my protein shake because I had just finished my work out, along with a banana.  Lunch was a cauliflower crust pizza with turkey bacon on top, and dinner went a little something like this..... Cheeseburger and sweet potato fries! Say what!? Ya'll it was date night!  I don't think I need to pull out my soap box and preach about treats and moderation, but treats are totally fine once in a while and date nights are incredibly rare for us.

DAY 7: Yoga Fix
... My schedule was a bit derailed trying to make up the miss from the other day, and then after much of the day got away from me and I had a killer headache tonight, I had to modify a little.  So tonight I did "Dirty 30" and "10 Minute Abs."

Food wise, I was right back on track after our little treat last night.  Woke up and made the 21 Day Fix approved pancakes from the recipe I shared in Week 2, for lunch I had 1 slice of cheese pizza and for dinner I had 2 scrambled eggs, turkey bacon and a piece of ezekial bread toasted with a smear of Earth Balance coconut peanut butter. 

And now that the 21 days are over... here's a breakdown of my weight loss with photos from JUST the past 21 days!  Though you can see my one year transformation in this post here.

Before:
Chest- 34 1/2 inches
Biceps- 12 1/4 inches
Waist- 32 inches
Hips- 41 inches
Thighs- 25 3/4 inches
Weight- 165.5 pounds
After:
Chest- 34 1/2 inches
Biceps- 12 1/4 inches
Waist- 29 3/4 inches
Hips- 39 inches
Thighs- 24 3/4 inches
Weight- 157 pounds

That's a total loss of 8.5 pounds!  Down 2 inches in my hips, down 2 1/4 inches on my waist and down 1 inch on my thighs!!  I'm ecstatic, I honestly can't remember the last time my weight was in the 150's!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment