Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Germs.

2 1/2 weeks before Hayden was born, Leeland came down with a pretty terrible cold.  I happen to think that it was one of the worst ones he has had in his short (just under) 2 years.  It lingered around forever.  He passed it to me-- 2 weeks before Hayden's arrival, I was put on antibiotics for a sinus infection.  It was terrible.... Being sick and pregnant.  I can't even describe how miserable I was feeling.  It mostly cleared up in just enough time for Hayden to make his big entrance.  Leeland's cold however was still lingering and by this time, Daniel had caught it himself, and I had a lingering cough.  3 of us sick with a newborn.  It was inevitable for Hayden to get sick.  At 9 days of life, I rushed him to the ER because he was so congested and having a hard time breathing.  He was diagnosed with RSV.  I spent 2 nights in the hospital with him while he (his oxygen mostly) was being monitored.  Once we were released from the hospital, Leeland's cold started to get better. Now it was time for Daniel, Hayden and I to get over it.  Slowly Daniel and I started to get better.  Then Leeland came down with a stomach virus-- thankfully just a 24 hour bug, but there was lots of throwing up, and several loads of laundry done.  The next night (after Leeland was better) Daniel got the stomach bug-- only his was a little more than just throwing up. 

Now Leeland is better, I am all better, Daniel is getting over his stomach bug (but mostly better), and Hayden still has some lingering mucus from his RSV but is doing much better.... It's been hit after hit for a month and a half.  We have NEVER dealt with this many viruses/illnesses.  My only guess is that it has something to do with Leeland being much older and having lots of play dates, and subsequently he is at an age where he is actually playing WITH other children. I'm so exhausted and frustrated with all these germs we keep passing around.  All I have to say is....

Welcome Spring!
Please be kind to us!  

No comments:

Post a Comment