Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Preparing for Hayden

I was beginning to wonder when the infamous "nesting" instinct would kick in. I've felt pretty sloth-like for the past month or so.  Kicking back and napping when I can squeeze one in.  I mean, absolutely no motivation to do anything.  The past 2 days though, I have really been checking things off of my list.  I'm not entirely sure that it's nesting, or if it's just trying to be productive to pass the time while Daniel is out of town-- either way, it's exciting to have a little extra energy, to feel accomplished, and to be a productive member of society. So without further ado, here are the things that I have accomplished:
  • My car was inspected... and passed.
  • Also, my leaky flat tire that I have continued to put air in about twice a week for the past month has now been patched.
  • Made a few exchanges at Babies R Us, and picked up the last few things I feel like we need for Hayden.
  • Put together our fancy new stroller-- our "sit-n-stand tandem stroller".  Exciting!
  • Put away all of said baby items that were purchased and items from the baby shower which pretty much meant re-organizing Leeland's room entirely.  It took an hour and a half to find the proper homes for each thing, trying to make the room make sense and make the necessary items easily accessible. We live in a 2 bedroom apartment currently so the boys will technically be sharing a room.... or at least their stuff will share a room for now because Hayden will be in the pack and play in our room for a few months. 
  • Washed all of the laundry in the house, including all of Hayden's new "itty bittys".  
  • Washed, organized and put away all of Leeland's cloth diapers.  (Another area that needed re-organizing was the changing table to make room for Hayden's cloth diapers.)
  • Packed the bag for the hospital! You know, THE bag.  Like my stuff, Hayden's things, change of clothes for Daniel.  All that's left is the last minute toiletries that I'm currently using.  
  • Wrote out thank-you notes from the baby shower.  We were so incredibly blessed and I truly don't feel like a little note or just saying thank you is enough, but hopefully they appreciate it. 
  • Visited the local Baby Boutique today and got the last of the diapers necessary for Hayden.  
  • Washed and prepped all of Hayden's diapers.  Cloth diapers have to be washed 3-5 times before initial use-- it's cleaning the natural oils out of them, and fluffing them up, somehow making them absorbent.  
  • Vacuumed out my car.
  • Installed Hayden's car seat in the car.  Holy wow!  That's a wake up call, and quite a visual, seeing TWO car seats in my tiny car!
  • Cleaned out the trunk.
All very exciting things!  Happy to have checked all of these things off of my list-- I can officially say that I am ready for this baby.  I'm not entirely sure why it took so much more time this pregnancy to get to that feeling of "ready," but I'm happy that we've gotten there.  I've moved away from that point of anxiety and fear of having two children.  There's peace now.  Now it's just waiting for him to decide when he wants to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment