Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Our Vows.

On January 3, 2009  I married the love of my life.  I truly believe that he was made for me and that the Lord put us together in His perfect timing.  I grow more and more in love with Daniel as the days pass, and I look forward to growing old with him.  I'd like to share some pictures from our special day and our vows to each other from our wedding here with you today.  We wrote our own vows, and encourage others to do the same because it was SO fun and SO special.
Daniel,
    I am so excited here today in front of all of our friends and family to marry my best friend.  God blessed our relationship from the beginning and put us together in His perfect timing.  This ceremony is more to me than simply professing our love to one another.  It's about my promise to you for eternity.  I am vowing today to always love you second because we will each love God first.  I promise to provide you with support and encouragement as I look to you to be my family leader.  I promise to always be by your side through the fun and games but also through trials and tribulations.  Neither of us know what the future holds but the part that I look forward to most is spending it with you.  I hope to serve with you, pray with you, laugh with you and cry with you.  Together, focused on Christ nothing can pull us down.  Today I choose you to be my husband Daniel, and I to be your wife.
Dana,
    My vow, my promise from this moment on is a simple yet abused and overused word. Love.  Dana, I vow to unconditionally love you forever.  Like God made Eve for Adam, I know He made you for me.  There is no question that our love is divine and meant to be.  I promise to put you second and God first always and to this I will hold us accountable.  I will do this because I know that our marriage is just a significant, yet small part of God's purpose and plan for us in His amazing story.  I promise to choose to love you day in and day out for the rest of my life.  In doing this I will be forever patient, forever kind and forever understanding.  I will not envy, I will not boast and I will not keep record of wrong doings.  Dana, you are my best friend and my life long accountability partner and I can't wait to see the adventures God has in store for us and our life together.  So my vow, my promise is that I will  always love you as God does His church, unconditonally.  I love you and will choose to love in all that I do.  Dana, love is my forever vow to you.

 Happy happy anniversary to us!  I only pray that we live to see many many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment