Sunday, June 19, 2011

Cupcakes & Father's Day.

Happy Father's day to all of those wonderful Dad's out there! This year we celebrated Daniel's 2nd Father's day! What a joyous occasion it is! My hope is that he always feels appreciated, loved and respected by Leeland and I, but it is nice to set aside at least 1 day and make him feel EXTRA appreciated, loved and respected. Daniel is for sure the love of my life and since we have gotten married, times have been pretty tough. An adjustment to married life, an adjustment to a baby a year later, and with the recession finances have been ultra tight. But Daniel is such an amazing man! When I'm down, he's up and he's one the most hard-working, caring, and dedicated men I have ever met! He will do anything to support his family and I'm so thankful that he had today off work to get some true R & R for his Father's Day.  I know that God made he for me, and me for him. We truly are the perfect match that God worked out and put together in His perfect timing. So happy Father's Day honey! I look forward to many, many more!

It seems I had lots of baking this weekend. You may remember my post from yesterday, making my little cousin's Hello Kitty Birthday Cake. Today I was hard at work on some cupcakes! Cupcakes for Father's Day to take to my parent's house when we celebrate, and some cupcakes to take to work. Here are the Father's Day cakes for my dad, family.
Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate butter cream!

My attempt at adding sprinkles, but they rolled right off. Darn! I thought sprinkles would make them extra manly.

And some more cupcakes!.... One of the beauties of working in a small office, (there are 6 of us, 2 full-time and 4 part-time) is that there is no harm in setting aside an hour 6 times a year to have food, fellowship and celebrate each person's birthday! So naturally when we were all discussing what we were going to bring to the birthday celebration, sweets was my category!

Cute, simple, and sweet flowers! Same chocolate cupcakes and this is just colored butter cream frosting.

Hope everyone else had a lovely weekend! The downside to all these sweets I worked on this weekend is that I'm pretty sure I gained at least 5 pounds. Back to running tomorrow for sure!

1 comment:

  1. all of your cupcakes are so lovely, dana! they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete