Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Crafty Christmas

I have always enjoyed art and creating.  I haven't always been very good at it and still don't consider myself all that great, but I try.  As time has passed, I find myself with more and more time on my hands-- kind of hard to believe since I now have a husband and a kid, but it's true.  Throughout High School I worked various part-time jobs after school and on the weekends.  Throughout college I worked a part-time (almost 40 hours but not quite) job to support myself.  If I had free time during these years it was spent doing homework, cleaning my room, being with my family, my (at the time) boyfriend... now husband.  And then my senior year of college was even MORE crazy! I was working at Starbucks, I had an internship, classes, planned a wedding, got married.  I remember when I finished college just thinking "Now what? All I have to do is work? That's gonna be a breeze!"  And it really was a breeze, I suddenly had all this free time on my hands to read the books that I wanted to read and wasn't assigned to read, to do laundry, to go out with my husband or my friends.... Then I found out I was pregnant and I got laid off.  Yes being an at home mom is A LOT of work-- I would argue that it is a lot harder than most people think it is.  But I feel so free! I feel like being a Mom is what I was made to do.  I am very organized, I multi-task like no other.... and when the baby naps, I can sit down to a good book, pick up my yarn and crochet hook, plug in my hot glue gun-- whatever I want to do!

With all of that said, I have found myself doing all kinds of crafts lately! It has been so much fun! My love language is gift giving as it is, but putting the time and energy into all of these creations has made me so much more anxious and excited for Christmas!  (And there's also the benefit that crafting is less expensive and our income has significantly dropped) I would love to tell you what I have been making and such, but that would be at the risk of revealing too much to my family and friends I have crafted for. I look forward to writing a blog and posting pictures of all that I have made.  Until then, I leave you in anticipation! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment