Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Back to School

Maybe I'm ahead, or maybe I'm behind.  Depends on how you look at it I guess.  We started back to school with our core subjects of math, reading, spelling and language arts the first week of August.  In years past, our Summer break has been 1 month max, and this year we took a lot more considering our school year ended in May. However, the obligatory "first day" pictures didn't get taken till mid August and then with our co-op beginning this week, it seemed like a good time for more pictures and a post. 

This year we've got a 3rd grader...


And a 1st grader...


And of course our 3 year old and 1 year old along for the ride.  

I've also got another year of tutoring in our co-op ahead of me.  After a year break to sit in the back of the class and snuggle my baby, it's going to be weird to be back in front of the kids again.  This year I'll be tutoring in Leeland's class, which will also be totally different from the 4-5 year olds that I tutored previously.  

Ready and excited for our first day of Classical Conversations.


So our curriculum line-up for the year is....

-Classical Conversations
-Saxon math 
-First Language Lessons
-Writing with Ease
-All About Spelling
-And cursive writing for the biggest

I have lofty dreams of taking Fridays off again this school year, and hoping to get more fun accomplished on those days.  (Last year, I was mostly stuck under a baby exhausted.)  

Thankful for this privilege to educate our kiddos at home.  Praying for our school year, praying over what lies ahead, and that I might keep my priorities in focus.  Finding balance has always been the hardest part, but there is where I find beauty.  Thankful for God's grace and the lessons he has taught us over the last 3 years of schooling, and blessed to be on this journey.  

No comments:

Post a Comment