Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter Round Up :)

It's been a whirlwind of a week! We spent the beginning of the week hustling to get the final touches on the baby's room/guest bedroom in the house so that my Mother-In-Law could come into town this time and actually have a bed to sleep on.  I've felt terrible that she's had to sleep on the couch or on an air mattress the last few months.  While I'm happy to officially have that room *almost* complete, there is still SOOO much to be done to the house before baby makes his arrival.  Reminding myself, one step at a time....

Anywho, our Easter weekend started out Thursday night with some Easter egg dying...



And then on Good Friday we took a little trip to the NC Zoo with Grandma...





Also, just note to self... as it turns out, Good Friday is traditionally one of the busiest days of the year for the zoo.  I had no idea!  Won't be back on another Good Friday either. 

Friday night we took Grandma to our favorite burger spot and we all enjoyed.  They have 1 burger there called the "Big Kahuna"-- it has pineapple, bacon, cheese, BBQ sauce, and sport peppers.  Baby Joel LOVES it!!  I crave the burger and sweet potato fries like it's nobody's business.  Extra sport peppers of course because Momma LOVES spice!

Then Saturday we all went to the gym together and I got the pleasure of enjoying my very first water aerobics class.  I'm trying really hard to continue working out through pregnancy-- and it has been REALLY hard.  I spent the first 20 weeks of pregnancy puking my brains out and battling daily migraines... I'm finally beginning to feel better, and now my cumbersome belly and my tiny bladder are causing some issues.  I'm gonna continue to do what I can, but towards the end, I'm thinking water aerobics will be an excellent fit!  After our work out we headed to grab some lunch and then we took Grandma out to our very favorite ice cream spot that evening.

Then came EASTER!  The boys got modest Easter baskets with new Seeds CD's and some candies, and then we got to work making some resurrection rolls before church.





The resurrection rolls are crescent rolls that I cut into squares of dough, we then took a large marshmallow and rolled it in some butter and then some cinnamon sugar and placed it inside the dough and fully covered it.  The dough is your tomb, the marshmallow represents Jesus... once you pull your rolls out of the oven, you can no longer see your marshmallow, the tomb is empty!  Hallelujah!  We've been making these rolls the last couple of years and they're just a good picture of what Easter is really all about.

Then of course we headed to church- I had the great pleasure of teaching in the toddler class on Easter because I do that the 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month.  Of course Easter in the toddler room is extra special because all of the kiddos are SO dolled up and dressed so sharply!

After church we hosted Daniel's family for lunch... when I say "we hosted", I really mean it was just our house, my mother-in-law took care of everything else which was really quite lovely since I got back home late from teaching Sunday school.  And then the boys got to have a little Easter egg hunt with their cousins.




Hope that you all had a FANTASTIC Easter weekend and that even amongst the chaos and the busyness of what we often turn the holiday into, that you reflect and remember what Easter is truly about!!  Happy Easter friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment