Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Pregnancy Meltdowns & Gender Reveal!

So last week, I posted an 18 week pregnancy update about seeing our baby and getting this mystery envelope...
You can read that update over here.  Anyway, after the post I received a few questions about why I would want to open the envelope.  I made it VERY clear and was incredibly vocal about NOT wanting to know the gender of our baby this time around. I mean, incredibly adamant about the surprise.... so what changed?

Well, in typical pregnancy fashion, it begins with a meltdown.  Think, ugly cry!  Not even joking, the biggest emotional train wreck I've had since becoming pregnant with number 3.  I blame it all on over thinking-- over thinking the surprise, and over thinking how this third baby will fit in our family.  I've always said that it didn't matter what the gender is and that I would be happy either way, and I know deep down in my heart that I truly would be happy with a little girl or a 3rd boy, but the excitement of possibly having our very first little girl was getting to me... and that's where I got scared and ashamed.  I felt shallow and guilty for thinking about one gender over the other, and then I felt scared that I would get too attached to the idea of one gender over the other and be "disappointed" in the delivery room if it went the other way.

Would I be disappointed with a BABY!?  Heck no!  Again, it was all over thinking.... And am I a shallow person!?  I don't think so!  But the emotions of the mind games and excitement were outright torturing me.   I truly feel like it would be SOOO much easier to wait if we already had 1 of each gender, or even if it was our first child but we don't, we have 2 boys, and as much as I LOVE LOVE LOVE my boys and enjoy being a Mom of boys SO much, there's always a little bit of excitement about the small possibility of a first girl.  I know there are some Moms of all boys out there and some Moms of all girls out there who will understand the feelings and emotions that I'm talking about.

So there we have it... we decided for my mental health and to avoid anymore ugly cry meltdowns, we needed to open the envelope.  I needed to add a gender and name to our baby and mentally prepare, so here's our gender reveal of baby number 3.....

Pink or blue?  What will baby 3 be?


Any final guesses???



Are you reading this or scrolling right through???


BLUE!! It's a BOY!!  



THREE BOYS!!!  Oh my!  This should be incredibly exciting.  We cannot wait to welcome this little bundle into our family.  Want one more surprise?? What about the name!?



Now that the cat is out of the bag, we're gonna continue our family celebration day eating our donuts, drinking our coffee (only the parents) and chocolate milk.  :)


If Joel likes donuts anywhere near as much as Hayden does, he'll fit right in!

No comments:

Post a Comment