Saturday, August 20, 2011

Where I've been....

I've been missing from the blogger world for a week or so now and I feel that once again I have to explain myself.  Two words-- MORNING SICKNESS.  Morning sickness really blows! (suddenly hears shouts of "amens" from fellow mommies.)  A friend of mine has this theory about children and pregnancy, she says that we Mommies get "pregnancy amnesia" after the baby is born. It is SO true!!! We have these miserable pregnancies where we are sick all the time, break out like a pre-teen, can't sleep and pee our pants (yes it happens... frequently) and then a year or two after the baby is born we start wondering, "what happened to my baby?", "I miss being pregnant!", "I'd love to have another!"..... NO!!  You just got all wrapped up in how darling your child is and you forget how miserable you were!  I have even found myself, as I'm lying in the bathroom floor hugging the toilet, saying to Daniel, "I don't remember it being this bad when I was pregnant with Leeland?!"  He cordially reminds me, "OH YES IT WAS, I remember."  Husbands are good for those helpful reminders when we aren't thinking clearly.

Seriously though, I have been SICK! And it really wasn't only morning sickness. This past week, I found myself with one of those 24 hour stomach viruses where I couldn't keep anything down for over a day-- not even water. We nearly went to the hospital, we called and spoke with one of the nurses and she gave me some handy tips to try first. (Praise God for a nurse that was understanding about us not really wanting to pay a hospital bill).

The good news though is that I am now 13 weeks-- and knock on wood, but much of this should be fading away soon!  In the mean time, I will continue to take advantage of the fact that this is the one period of time where I can play the, "I don't feel well card" and get away with being lazy around the house just a little bit longer. :0)

2 comments:

  1. i am 13 weeks on thursday :) we are having babies at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's SO exciting Danielle!! Congrats Momma! :D

    ReplyDelete