Monday, August 22, 2011

Fall Fever.

Many of my friends may smack me for saying this, but I am SO ready for cooler weather! I've never been much of a Summer person aside from the fresh fruits and veggies that can be found around this time. I've become even less of a Summer person now that I have a child. It will probably get easier as Leeland gets older but he's not much of a Summer boy either.
Leeland doesn't like the pool, he has sensitive baby skin, and I just feel terrible for him when his cheeks get SO rosy from the heat. It's even hard driving places-- since we live in an apartment and I have this fear of our car getting stolen, I can't exactly start it and get the A/C going.  So then we wind up getting into my VERY hot, black tiny car, and Leeland is just miserable. We still have him rear facing, which requires his seat to be in the middle of the back seat, which makes for not much air circulation and his whole body just turns so red.  Also who knew that plastic could get so hot? You expect the metal buckles to get warm on his seat, but really the plastic pieces almost heat up way more than the metal.
With all of that said, there are SO many things to look forward to when Autumn comes. Fall in North Carolina is pretty darn fabulous.
  • Scarves
  • Pumpkins! And pumpkin patches!
  • Pretty leaves
  • Comfy cardigans
  • A car that's not too warm and not too cold
  • Football!
  • Delicious soups and chili's
  • Holidays that revolve around food
  • The Women's Only 5k, which I will probably walk this year
  • Any excuse to eat or taste pumpkin-- Pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, pumpkin ale if you are able to drink
  • Perfect weather to wear boots and tights
  • Dressing up my little boy for Halloween and then eating all of his candy (sharing with Daniel of course)
Have I sold you guys on the beauties of Fall yet? Anything that you love about Fall that I left off of my list?

No comments:

Post a Comment