Sunday, May 15, 2016

Race 13.1 Round 2!

Today I ran my 3rd half marathon!  (Second time running Race 13.1 Greensboro).  If you read last week's post, you know that I was super nervous about it.  I hate that I put so much pressure on myself, but I think that's what all runners do.  I set a goal, and with 3 children, the planning part and the accomplishing isn't all that easy.

I'm SUPER duper thrilled to say though, that all those nerves and all of the adrenaline were put to work out on the course this morning!
My biggest fans saw me off at the start and then were spoiled by Daddy at Tex & Shirley's with pancakes and hot cocoa while I was running. 

Leeland's sign says, "Momma, I love you! I hope you win!"  They were constantly asking if I won.... not really knowing how to answer that because I'm certainly not the fastest of the sold out race crowd, I finally said, "Sure.  I won.  I beat myself!"

Hayden's sign

Running for the FINISH line waving at my babies!

Daniel's sign says "Go Momma Go.  13.1 Miles of peace and quiet.  We love you!"

It's like the race directors KNEW me!  As much as I wanted to wear my "half marathon mom" tank that I wore at my last race, I couldn't resist the cute mason jar shirt.  AND a little mason jar medal at the finish!

SOOOO.... I was super nervous all week about timing and feeling unsure if I'd be able to beat my last race time.  But I'm absolutely thrilled to say that I rolled in at 2 hours, 6 minutes and some change.  That's TEN MINUTES faster than my last half marathon.  And I'm only 9 months postpartum from Joel.  You REALLY can do anything you put your mind to friends!  

Now the question is.... to full??  or not to full??  (Full marathon that is. )

No comments:

Post a Comment