Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Crockpot Family Favorites

In the recent months I have seen lots of posts asking for crockpot recipes from friends.  Like LOADS of them!  Maybe it's just a busy season, maybe everyone else is procreating and expanding their families and lacking time to cook too.... Either way, I thought that I would share some of our family favorites to help out some other Mommas, because I have grown to LOVE my crock pot.

Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast
Don't judge me, but if loving this is wrong, I don't want to be right!  Serve it up over mashed potatoes because it is so rich and amazing!

Crockpot Pumpkin Chili
You had to know I'd get a pumpkin recipe in here.  To keep it child friendly, I sub the sausage as 1 pound of sweet sausage and 1 pound of hot, and I only use 1/2 of a can of chiles. 

Crock Pot Spaghetti
My one critique is to make sure you stir it about half way through so your noodles don't clump together.  But it's awesome that noodles and all go right in the crock pot all at once!

Crock Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken
When I was prepping freezer meals while pregnant with Joel in preparation for easy meals post-birth, I made 2 bags of these to pop in the freezer.  Super easy, and never imagined that all of us would love them so much!  I cook it and pair it with rice, and optional salsa or guac and call it a burrito bowl.
(Link contains other ideas too)

Crock Pot Pork/BBQ
In the crock throw in a pork roast, a roughly chopped onion and a bottle of beer.  Cook on low for the day and then shred with 2 forks.  Pair with your favorite BBQ sauce. 

Crock Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken
This one is a new discovery, but it went over very well.  I'm not a fan of rosemary so I subbed that with fresh thyme and it was lovely!  (Make sure you buy a chicken that fits in your crock though! Haha!)

Crock Pot Chicken Tater Tot Casserole
This one doesn't get made often because I know it isn't the best for us.... but everyone likes it, and I do appreciate the occasional dinner with NO complaints from anyone.  I typically add in some veggies to make myself feel a little better.  Just layer in some mixed frozen veggies amongst the layers of other ingredients.

Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
It says the wine is "optional"-- don't skip it!  Do it.  The wine really adds to the bland flavor of stock.


Crock Pot Black Bean Chicken Chili
Into the crock pot, toss 2 cans drained black beans, 1 can drained corn, 2 cans of diced tomatoes with chilis, taco seasoning, 4 chicken breast.  Cook on low for the day and then shred the chicken at the end and toss it back in.  Serve with your favorite chili toppings whether it's cheese, sour cream, corn bread, tortilla chips, avocados... whatever you like!

Crock Pot Enchiladas
Seriously, you can put anything in the crock pot!

Those are few favorites to get your started!  Seriously though, you can cook ANYTHING in a crock pot.  I've also done greek yogurt, applesauce and desserts in the crock pot.  It's definitely an underrated appliance, so go forth and give your crock pot some love my friends! 



No comments:

Post a Comment