Thursday, July 17, 2014

Republic Wireless

So in the last month, we switched my phone line over from AT&T to Republic Wireless.  (And we will soon be switching Daniel's phone line over too.)  You guys....  I feel like Republic Wireless is this little hidden gem of a phone company that no one knows about, and I feel like I just want to scream it from the rooftops and tell everyone I know about it!  (And FYI, they have 99,202 followers on Facebook alone, so people really DO know about them.)

Anyway, they're like no other phone company around because they offer "hybrid" technology in their phones that enables you to make phone calls through wireless internet.  That probably sounds really weird to most of you... BUT please understand that we quite literally live in a black hole.  Our house is in a black hole.  Sprint does not get service here... with AT&T I had to stand by the back door and most times my calls ended in being disconnected against my will.... Verizon doesn't have service out here.  BUT we DO have wi-fi!!!  I am so excited that I finally can text and make phone calls from sitting on my couch, or being out in the front yard with the boys, or in the car headed out. And not only do I have cell reception through my wi-fi at home, but when I'm out and about, I most often have wi-fi options and if not, there is a back up regular cellular network that I receive darn good signal with as well.

AND as if just simply having cell service in our little black hole over here in the boonies wasn't enough.... we also only pay $25 a month for it!!  $25 a month! What!? $25 a month!!!  AND it's a smart phone, so I still have access to maps, email, Facebook, Instagram, internet, camera, video.... I get all that jazz you might want from a phone for only $25 a month!!

You guys, let me break down the math for you. Because I HAVE done the math!  Before switching, we both had iPhone 3gs models, which Daniel most often referred to as the "iPhone zero" because they were such old models.  We were both up for an upgrade, but to get the latest 5C, we'd have to pay $99 each to AT&T with a 2 year contract.  On top of that, our cell service for our 2 iPhones was costing us $173 a month for both phones.  Are you following me??  So here's the total for a year.

$173 x 12 = $2076 + $99 + $99 = $2274

$2,274 for 1 year of service with 2 iPhones through AT&T.  INSANE!

Now... since moving to Republic Wireless (and including Daniel's phone in this because he will be switching very very soon.)  We opted for the $150 phone which is the Moto G.  They do have the option for the newer model which is the Moto X, but we went with the G.  And then our phone plans are $25 a month.

$50 x 12 = $300 + $150 + $150 = $900

$900 for 1 year of service including 2 Moto G phones with Republic Wireless.

$2274
- $900
$1374 saved!!

You guys, one thousand three hundred and seventy-four dollars saved!!!  You guys $1,374!!!  As much as I loved my iPhone, and I was disappointed to know that Republic wireless does not have the option for an iPhone, I am definitely not paying $1300 more a year just to have that iPhone.  The iPhone that didn't even give me cell reception in my own house!  

Can you tell I'm excited y'all?  Did I mention that there is a 30 day money back guarantee with Republic Wireless?  Or that there is absolutely NO contract!  Consider us converts!

Here's the phone for those curious-- I opted for a cute little teal flip case to go along with it, and keep greasy kid fingers off of the screen.


And just FYI, if you are fed up with paying high costs for terrible service, you can switch too, AND if you follow THIS LINK, you will save $20!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment