Thursday, July 10, 2014

Happy Birthday Daddy!

To my Daddy....

-the man who radiates kindness and probably does more for others than he does for himself.
Holding baby Leeland at the hospital waiting for my nephew to be born.
-the man who licked his thumb and used it to wipe the pop-tart off of my face before I headed into daycare each morning as a kid.

-the man who taught me what hard work was all about because he lived it.

-the man who taught me the importance of saving, and all about financial independence.
Before he walked me down the aisle to marry Daniel. 
-the man who fixed my hair in the mornings as a kid.  Only a ponytail on top of the head so tight that you squinted would do.

-the man who taught me how to fish.

-the man who loved and saw me through the grief of losing my Mother.

-the man I've always looked up to most, and yearned to be just like when I was a kid.
At Leeland's 2nd birthday-- train themed.  I believe the hats were made for kids. LOL
Today, we celebrate you Daddy!  I couldn't be more blessed to have the most awesome Dad.  Thank you for always loving me, supporting me, teaching me, and helping to mold and shape me into the woman I am today.  I love you so much, and want to wish you a....

Very Happy Birthday!!!!

And of course we can't celebrate without cake.  And since my Daddy also happens to have a huge sweet tooth and fond love of chocolate and candy, that's the direction I went.



Peanut butter cake with chocolate frosting, surrounded by Kit Kats and topped with Reese Pieces! Delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment