Saturday, May 10, 2014

Police Week!

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
-Joshua 1:9

It's that time again y'all!  Police Appreciation Week-- a time that we reflect and remember those officers who have been killed, and a time to express our deep appreciation for these men and women who put their lives on the line for us every single day.  I couldn't be more proud of Daniel or more proud to call myself a police wife, and naturally as a baker, I'm always looking for a good excuse to bake and love to spoil Daniel's squad.

Here's what last year's  police week goodies looked like, and here's what this year's police week goodies look like.....

Jar cakes!*  1 jar cake for each bag, and I made both chocolate and vanilla cakes with vanilla buttercream.



Tag reads "Dessert for the Deserving"

A bottle of antibacterial in each bag.... because well.... it's necessary in the profession.


A notepad and a black ink pen in each bag-- you can never have too many of either.


And a pack of chewing gum in each.


All bagged up in blue bags. 

It isn't much, and I SO wish that I could do more for them-- I can't thank them enough for all they do for our city, and for also having Daniel's back each night.  I feel honored to know so many brave and hard working men and women!

You can find more information on Police Week here.

*For those curious about making jar cakes-- inside is just a regular white cake recipe and a regular chocolate cake recipe.  I used 8 ounce jelly jars, and because the jars are much taller than a cupcake you want to bake them at a lower temperature and for a longer amount of time so that the inside gets done without burning the outsides.  I baked these 8 ounce jars at 325 degrees for about 30 minutes.  I had put 1/2 a cup of batter into each jar and when they rose, they came out the top a little so I had to cut some down to ice them.  (And don't forget to grease the jars well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment