Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Life as a mom.

When you first find out that you are expecting you have 9 months to prepare for your new life as being someone's mommy.  Nothing can prepare you though for what is to come.  I remember being incredibly overwhelmed with emotion after Leeland was born.  I laughed and I cried.  I wanted everything to be perfect for my little boy.  I had so many questions that would never be answered in a birthing class or in a baby book. And of course everyone has their own opinions. 

Now Leeland is almost 4 months old though and growing like CRAZY.  He is the most active little boy I have ever met in my life.  Looking back, I remember when his pediatrician visited the hospital after he was born to do his initial evaluation.  He wheeled him back to the nursery and when he brought him back he said "That's a very active boy you have."  I remember thinking to myself "What is he talking about? All the kid does is eat, sleep and poop.... mostly just sleep."  I definitely know what he's talking about now! Leeland is a mover and a shaker.  He can hardly sit still and he definitely doesn't like to be put down for a nap.  In fact he only naps for about 20 minutes at a time.  Just long enough for mommy to get a breather, put away some dishes and change over the laundry.  I wouldn't have it any other way though, I love my time with him, and I love watching him grow and do new things.

I remember the first time Leeland reached for a toy and held it on his own! I was in complete shock, and was overcome with joy.  To some that may be silly but to me that was just a sign of his growth and development.  Babies amaze me!  The ultra sound pictures went from a peanut like shape to an actual baby with eyes, ears, fingers and toes!  The miracle of life is so incredible! Babies truly are a miracle from God, and I am so happy to have been blessed with one.

No comments:

Post a Comment