Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 Reads

There was a time in my life that I was completely anti-screens when it comes to reading.  I didn't want to jump on the e-reader bandwagon, and I couldn't understand why anyone else would want to either.  I love the feeling of the pages, the smell of a new book, and the look of accomplishment as you see how much you have completed or how they adorn the bookshelves in our home.  Heck.  You're talking to the lady who still refuses to do online bill pay!  But looking at this year's reads, compared to last year's, I think it's time to make a case for the e-reader.

I read more than twice as many books last year!  With my kindle paperwhite, I could read into the night without a light on disturbing my husband or any children who might have joined our bed.  I can turn pages with the touch of a finger and therefore read a book using one hand while also nursing a baby.  It keeps my spot.  It highlights and even stores my favorite points to look back on.  This year, I tried to set the e-reader to the side and check out real books from the library, and I just didn't get as much accomplished.  Proof is in the pudding so to speak.  (Now, the husband has also kindly pointed out that I also didn't have 4 kids last year including a needy infant, so there's that too of course.  But still.)

I think for 2018, I'll pull the e-reader back out.  I'll get on the public library's wait list for Overdrive books, and I'll ask for Amazon gift cards for gifts.  I've got lofty goals! ;)

Here's this year's reads--
.... And an honorable mention, I'm about 1/3 of the way through "Dragonfly in Amber" by Diana Gabaldon, the second in the Outlander series.  It's a big book though.  I very well might be working on it all of 2018. HAHA!  

No comments:

Post a Comment